Description[edit | edit source]
These armored buses cannot be destroyed with lightning bolts. At the rear of each bus is a generator, which can be overloaded to destroy them. The buses sometimes appear in side missions as a target. They wander around decimating civilians. When a bus is destroyed, there is no huge explosion and Cole isn't harmed even if he is atop the bus.
History[edit | edit source]
The Dust Men have taken over a number of city transportation buses and equipped heavy layers of scrap metal armor coatings and machine guns on all sides. After the mission, "The Arrest", the Transients began using these buses to shoot down pedestrians of the Warren left and right. Cole MacGrath was tasked with disabling each bus before things would get worse.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- The top of the buses have no guns or guards (most of the time), so it's safe to jump onto the top and fight off enemies from there.
- Trying to board the buses from the sides is exceedingly dangerous. A better tactic is to glide from a nearby building using Static Thrusters.
- The Terror Bus can be disabled (not destroyed) by thunder dropping on it from great heights.
- If Cole is on top of a Terror Bus, he is safe from its turrets.
- The roof of the bus is chargeable by shooting at it (You will not see electricity running all over the roof) and can then be drained.
- At the rear of the bus is a red LED generator which can be charged using lightning bolts.
- Watch the path the bus takes with your map to better strategize the best place to jump from to get on top of it.
- It's recommended the player eliminates all Dust Men around these buses; while the buses' turrets do weak damage, the combined firepower between the bus and Dust Men is usually enough to defeat Cole.
- If the player has the Lightning Storm ability, the attack will overload the feeder box. It is recommended that the player should stand in front of the bus with the Polarity Wall ability active.