Bio Leech was an evil ability utilized by Cole MacGrath in both Infamous and Infamous 2. It allowed him to drain or "leech" a victim's bio-electric energy, an action that would result in the death of the victim, as the nervous system runs off of neuro-electrical pulses.
To use Bio Leech, the player must approach a downed civilian or enemy and press L1 to go into Bio Leech mode, and continue mashing the button to complete the sequence.
The leeched energy acts just like the energy sucked from Empire City's power grid using Electric Drain. The energy will heal Cole completely and recharge all of his Battery Cores, in addition to gaining some negative Karma and a single experience point. Although, the energy will heal and recharge Cole almost instantly, it would be unwise to perform this ability in the heat of combat, due to fact that Cole is extremely vulnerable during the action and the sheer time it takes him to overpower the downed target. The ability may be used as a last resort in an attempt to get Cole full charged again.
If used on a Conduit, the XP description says "Dark Feast" instead of "Drain," however, unlike the "Tough Collar" bonus from using Arc Restraint on a Conduit, Dark Feast does not increase the amount of XP the player earns. The player unlocks the "The Hunger" trophy by Bio Leeching 100 enemies.
When playing with Evil Karma, it is recommended that the player Bio Leeches as much as possible, for it heals Cole's wounds, restores his electricity and yields him Evil Karma. When playing with Good Karma, however, the player should only Bio Leech in cases of emergency, when Cole's health and/or electricity is low.
- Unlike other NPC's, Cole appears to drain the Reapers using his fist instead of his palm.
- In InFamous, it's useful to know that Cole can also use his Polarity Wall in addition to Bio Leech, although he can't move the shield while leeching.
- When Cole drains his victim's brain of its electric energy, it can be seen that the electricity flows down his esophagus.
- Originally, in one of the InFamous demos, this power was called "Vampire Drain."
- Bio Leech has a new animation in InFamous 2. Cole places one hand on his victim's head after overpowering him, drains his neuro-electrical energy, and finally raises his fist in triumph while the electricity is still flowing in his hand.
- In InFamous 2, at Infamous rank, Cole is given a karmic boost called "Bio Leech Overload," which, after Bio Leeching, grants him unlimited energy for a short period of time.
- In a trailer for InFamous, the neuro-electrical energy being drained from a Reaper is yellow, while the normal colors consists of blue, a light shade of red or jet black with a red aura.
- In the boss fight with Kessler, there is a sequence were Kessler overpowers Cole and uses a move that looks similar to Bio Leech.
- While selecting Bio Leech on a downed enemy or pedestrian who is right next to a dead character or object, Cole will walk up to the leech victim, but continue to walk for a few seconds then eventually cease. You won't gain any XP or energy for this, and the downed enemy or pedestrian will look as if you're grabbing them to be Bio Leeched.
- This is, however, useful if an enemy or attacking pedestrian is knocked to the ground and is still alive. If you attempt to leech them and fail, you can aim at the head and fire and you'll gain an infinite Head Shock XP.
- In InFamous 2, if Cole is killed while Bio Leeching an enemy or pedestrian, he will be knocked off the NPC and the player will hear the music which comes when Cole has died. However, if he was able to finish before the final shot, Cole's health and energy will have returned to maximum.
- In InFamous however, doing this on any NPC will always result in instant death, no matter if you had finished the button sequence before the final shot.
- Occasionally, a glitch may occur in which Cole Bio Leeches a civilian and then remains in the area, resulting in the leeched civilian getting back up and walking away as if nothing happened.
- This does not occur with enemies, however.
|Arc Lightning • Arc Restraint • Bio Leech • Electric Drain • Electrokinesis • Electromagnetism • Gigawatt Blades • Induction Grind • Karmic Overload • Lightning Bolt • Lightning Storm • Megawatt Hammer • Melee • Overload Burst • Polarity Wall • Precision • Psychic Vision • Pulse Heal • Radar Pulse • Reduce Damage • Shock Grenade • Shockwave • Static Thrusters • Thunder Drop|