"Burning Wells" is the 23rd story mission in Infamous 2.
Set Fire to The WellEdit
- “It’s getting a little hard to breath since those ice freaks lit fire to the wells.”
- — Laroche, on the fires around Flood Town.
We Will Be Whole!EditAfter reaching the last well, bringing the cap with him, Cole is interrupted with the appearance of a Crusher. After a long fought battle, Cole comes out victorious, and puts out the flames of the last well. Laroche thanks Cole, praising him that the people of Flood Town own him more than he can say. He then tells him that he should go to Zeke, and that he got a "surprise" for him, which Cole immediately understands to be the Blast Core.
You must use Cole's Kinetic Pulse to lift the cap and cover up the wells. Getting the cap across town can be tricky, especially with all of the water. If the cap is in the water, Cole can jump on top of it and still lift it, then toss it. When throwing the cap, throw it as far as you can towards the target well, but at a good angle so that you don't toss too far past a well, or worse, toss it too far into the water.
When capping the third well, Cole will encounter some enemies in the rail yard over the wall. Take out the enemies, then head over to the last well to cap it. You will have your first encounter with a Crusher. Cole's grenades are a good choice against these guys. Cole's Ionic Freeze can also take a great deal of health from these guys, so long as they are not charging at you.
- Once Cole reaches the train yard and notices the fight between the Milita and swamp monsters, Kuo states that they need to investigate the rail yard. This foreshadows the mission "Rail Yard Intel."
- This marks the first appearance of a Crusher.
- At some point, Laroche suggests that maybe it's best if he gives the Ice Gang the Blast Core, only for Cole to remind him that they are crazy and that giving it to them will only make things worse.