The main form of transport for the civilians of Empire City and New Marais, cars can be found moving around both cities as well as parked at the sides of roads and in designated carparks.
Using Electromagnetic Shockwave Cole can move the vehicles of Empire City, using them on large groups of enemies, that threaten to overwhelm him.
During his time in New Marais, Cole gains two new powers relating to vehicles, Kinetic Pulse the ability to kinetically lift cars and throw them at enemies and Induction Launch a move that allows Cole to uses the cars electrical charge to launch himself into the air.
- A small amount of energy (about 3 cores) can be drained from vehicles.
- This is also true of destroyed vehicles.
- As all the vehicles in Empire City and New Marais are highly explosive, they can be intentionally destroyed to defeat enemies stood nearby.
- This is one of many ways to excute an Eviromental Kill stunt.
- Cole’s ability to stand on cars is probably due to his rubber shoes, the non-conductive surface rendering the electricity immobile.
- Most of the police cars found in Empire City are damaged.
- The only undamaged police cars are parked outside the Eagle Point Penitentiary.
- Using shockwave on a car so it hits an enemy is one of the easiest ways to complete the Crush stunt.
- If you look carefully you'll see that some moving cars don't have drivers in them.
- There are only two models of cars in inFAMOUS, but appear in many colors.
- In inFAMOUS 2, the stunt "CARnage", is when the player destroyes 3 cars in 3 seconds or less.
- Also, the trophy "Take Them For A Spin", is awarded to the player if he's able to catch at least 6 cars in his Ionic Vortex.