This article is in pieces, and needs to follow the wiki's manual of style.
Please help the inFamous Wiki revamp the page, then remove the
|Based on:||New Orleans|
|Appears in:||inFamous 2|
With most of its properties owned by Joseph Bertrand III, Gas Works is where most of Bertrand's funds go to. After their escape, the Vermaak 88 took control over Flood Town, after being driven out of Flood Town by Cole MacGrath, New Marais Police Department and Rebels, The Vermaak moved into the powered down Gas Works and quickly took over. Shortly after, the Vermaak's numbers were cut by the powering up of Gas Works by Cole, and much of the district was destroyed by Bertrand during his final battle with Cole. Shortly after the death of Bertrand the Vermaak's numbers were again cut short after battles with the remaining Militia.
- Gas Works contains the most destructible objects out of any district in New Marais, from gas tanks to warehouse walls.
- After the death of Bertrand, Gas Works plays no part in the storyline in the game. Although The Beast destroys a Transformer in Gas Works in the final mission when trying to power the RFI.
- Despite the fact that the Ice Soldiers do not appear until the events of Torn, using the UGC allows the player to access the second island early, where the Ice Soldiers are already in occupation.
- The fire from the gas tanks being destroyed is not damaging to Cole.
- The swamp monsters are never seen canonly in Gas Works, and make a small appearance in the Evil Karma side mission "Playing Hero".