This article is a stub.
You can help the InFAMOUS Wiki by expanding it, and then remove the
|Mission gained:||The Good Stuff|
inFamous: Festival of Blood
While grinding, Cole can still use his aiming powers. Halfway across a wire, Cole can also flip around and head back in the other direction. The momentum Cole gains when leaves a wire at top speed is so great that he sometimes flies large distances from the end of the wire. Like all of Cole's abilities, the color of the sparks from grinding is influenced by your Karma.
If Electric Drain has been upgraded to its second level, Induction Yield, Cole can recharge his Battery Cores and heal his injuries while grinding along wires, though this ability is not present in InFamous 2. Since it heals Cole, and recharges him at the same time, it effectively makes him invincible, and can prove to be a great asset in large groups of enemies. Cole can also use some of his offensive powers while grinding to unlock stunts.
This is very useful in traversing the cities in both inFamous and inFamous 2. The Induction Grind can be used on all subway tracks in the Neon, Historic and Warren districts. In both games, wires can be found attached to buildings and can be used to quickly move from building to building, usually without touching the ground. inFamous 2 added vertical wires, allowing for quicker, vertical scaling. In many cases, these vertical wires can give you a momentum boost, and if used correctly with your Static Thrusters, would launch you longer distances than normal gliding.
- Electromagnetic induction is the production of voltage across a conductor situated in a changing magnetic field, or a conductor moving through a stationary magnetic field.
- In inFamous, there is an upgrade in Power Drain that is based upon Induction Grind.
- If Cole jumps from an Induction Grind and immediately goes into a Thunder Drop, he will fling forward from the momentum of the Induction Grind, allowing the Thunder Drop to take place at a 75-45 degree angle while still building up power, allowing for a stronger-than-usual Thunder Drop if Cole dropped directly down.
- In inFamous 2, Cole uses Static Thrusters to grind faster.
- In inFamous 2, the poles holding the trolley lines up can be destroyed, which leaves you with no place to grind.
- If on a steep grindwire, Cole's front leg will bend at a certain angle.
- This move is available in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale where Cole and Evil Cole grinds on the floor unlike the games where wires are required.
- Cole's shoes don't seem to be damaged by any way, even when they are grinding against a solid object on high speeds.
- If the Kessler skin is used in inFamous 2, the end of the coat seems to be stuck into the same position.