|Mission gained:||Storm's Coming|
|Location obtained:||New Marais|
|Attributed to:||Ionic Manipulation|
|Appears in:||Infamous 2|
Ionic Vortex is a new power in Infamous 2. Using it will summon an electrical tornado that leaves a trail of destruction in its path. To summon a Vortex, press the down button on the direction pad of the PS3 controller. You have to collect Ionic Charges to use Ionic Vortex.
To execute the move, Cole spins while building up electrical energy shiponed through The Amp in a sphere form. Then he releases the sphere which then will spin and create a tornado. The tornado is electrified and has multiple electrical branches coming out of it.
Ionic Vortex can pick up almost any object or enemy in its path, causing damage by throwing everything in several directions. It can pick up any object that Cole can lift using Kinetic Pulse ranging from tables, chairs and barrels, up to cars.
- This, along with Ionic Drain, are the only Ionic powers that cannot hurt a boss's health.
- The direction of the Ionic Vortex can be changed at the last second by moving the camera.
- Good Karma players should be wary when using this power, as it can easily harm civilians.
- The trophy, Take Them For A Spin, is unlocked once Cole hits six cars with one Ionic Vortex.
- This Power is Cole's Super Art in the PS3 version of Street Fighter X Tekken.
- This power is Available in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale and serves as Cole's Level 3 special move.
- This power is used in conjunction with Ionic Storm and Ice Launch.