Karma Opportunities are several situations where Conduit Cole MacGrath can step in and take action. The opportunities are present all throughout New Marais, and can either raise or lower your rank, depending on your Karma (Good or Evil).
Good Karma Opportunities
What follows below are the four Good Karma opportunities present in the game.
- Heal Injured Civilians: A group of civilians can be seen around the city, injured and on the floor. Beside them can be an enemy unit from one of the three factions. Cole must heal them in order to gain positive Karma.
- Stop a mugging: A civilian is being held mugged by two units of one of two factions (Militia or Vermaak 88). Cole must subdue the enemy units while keeping the civilian safe.
- Stop an abduction: A group of civilians are being abducted by several units the from two factions (Militia and Vermaak 88), and are marching to the faction's headquarters. Cole must stop the abduction by defeating all of the enemy units present.
- Defuse a Blast Shard Bomb: Several bombs powered by a Blast Shard can be seen around New Marais, with a police officer attempting to defuse it. Cole must absorb the energy from the bomb in order to defuse it, and also save the nearby civilians.
Evil Karma Opportunities
What follows below are the four Evil Karma opportunities in the game.
- Police Officers: Several police officers are on patrol after being informed of Cole's activities around the city. Cole can kill them, though they will not react until they are provoked, or until Cole is at the Infamous rank, where they will react as soon as they catch sight of him.
- Silencing Street Performers: Several street acts, performers, and musicians can be seen around New Marais. To gain negative Karma, Cole must take them down, though they most often attack upon catching sight of you.
- Stealing Blast Shards: Several pedestrians and civilians can be seen carrying a Blast Shard at their hands. Cole can take the Blast Shard after dealing with the said pedestrian.
- Dealing with Protesters: Several pro-Bertrand civilians have banded together in protest against Cole MacGrath's presence. They can be seen holding picket signs and chanting anti-Cole statements. Cole can opt to silence them.
- Several of the Good Karma Opportunities can be turned around and yield Evil Karma instead. One example is the Blast Shard Bomb. Cole can opt to blast at the bomb, destroying the nearby cars and facilities, and also injuring a lot of civilians.