The citizens of Empire City will form mobs if Cole MacGrath's Karma rank is InFamous, they also appear in several Evil missions.
The mob will have a police escort during missions but will also wander the streets of Empire City, searching for Cole, the man they blame for the Empire City Blast and the subsequent Quarantine.
- Angry civilians run up to punch/kick Cole
- Will also throw rocks or hit Cole with signs if carrying them.
- The Police and SWAT teams will aid the civilians.
- Civilians have very low health.
- They can kill Cole if he doesn't fight back.
- They do not show up as enemies on the mini-map but Cole receives XP for killing them.
- Normal pedestrians can begin attacking you even after you have helped them in a mission.
- In "Against the World" the civilians affected by the Black Tar show behavior similar to zombies, such as running with the classic two hands held outwards. Fortunately they do not bite.
- Good Missions involving mobs are to protect them from the gangs that they are protesting against. However, regardless of which gang controls the local area, the mobs always have a Reaper Poster with a slash through it.