"Powering Up Ascension Parish" is the 13th story mission in Infamous 2.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Hey man. You went college prep, I took shop classes. So uh, who's the dummy now?
― Zeke, regarding his engineering knowledge.
Having rescued Kuo from the Militia, Cole decides to restore the power inAscension Parish. Arriving just outside the powered down area, he finds a transformer. He receives a call from Zeke, who informs him that the Militia has isolated the transformer away from the other ones.
Grabbing the metal cage that surrounds the transformer, Cole fires a Tesla Missile, guiding it through the air to create a connection to the first transformer in Ascension Parish. As he enters the powered down area to protect the transformer, Zeke warns him that the Militia will try to shut it down. Once Cole reaches the transformer, he (briefly) has an unlimited electric source and uses it to his advantage whilst fending off Militia members.
Once the transformer is fully charged, Cole fires another Tesla Missile to the next transformer and makes his way to that location. While running over there, Zeke gives Cole an update on Kuo's condition and mentions it reminds him of when he and Trish took care of Cole after the Blast in Empire City, but Cole ends the conversation saying that Trish saving him got her killed.
Just like last time, Cole begins guarding the transformer, taking in unlimited energy from the generator while fighting the Militia. As soon as it is fully charged, Cole fires one last Tesla Missile to the third and final generator.
Cole then contacts Zeke asking if its possible Kuo has gained superpowers of her own, much like how he got powers after the Blast. The latter states that she probably did gain powers, and apologizes for mentioning Trish out of the blue. Cole says it fine and that he lives with his mistakes.
After defending the final transformer in Ascension Parish, the power is fully restored to the whole district.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- While standing near the power generator, Cole will temporarily have unlimited power.
- This is the first mission where Cole uses the Tesla Missile.
- Cole describes the effect of entering a powered down area as "feeling thirsty."
- While traversing through Ascension Parish, Cole will whisper while talking to Zeke, pertaining to him trying to stealth his way through the district. However, he will continue to whisper, even if he is seen or in a firefight.
- This mission is the first time Trish is mentioned in-story, accidentally named by Zeke, which causes Cole to become uncomfortable, showing he's still in-mourning.
- This is the first mission in which Cole can attain Hero status, without grinding.