After the Empire City blast, Cole MacGrath's powers began to develop, one of the first he mastered was Radar Pulse. Radar Pulse's primary use lies in detecting energy sources, Blast Shards and Dead Drops, but can also be used to track nearby enemies who flash bright red when used. When Cole has used the Psychic Vision on a recently killed human corpse, it can also be used to detect the echo of the visions Cole has seen.
After Cole's battle with The Beast at the piers in Empire City Cole loses many of his powers, however he retains this one. He can no longer use it to track Dead Drops or Psychic Visions. He can upgrade the power for additional benefits.
Upgrades (Infamous 2)Edit
- Description: Blast Shard Sense
- Prerequisite: Finish 60 side missions.
Cole is able to sense the nearest Blast Shard, no matter how far away it is.
- Description: Sense Plague.
- Prerequisite: Complete the mission The Face of Change.
- Something similar to the Radar Pulse appears in Festival of Blood called Vampire Sense which allows Cole to track Vampires.
- Surprisingly, the Radar Pulse can't detect the Plague or Conduit Gene inside enemies or allies, like the Militia or Corrupted or Zeke except for one cutscene.
- When detected the plague appears as red strains inside the body, where as potential conduits have a bright yellow lines in their chests.
- It is possible for a potential conduit to also have the plague, revealing both symptoms within them.
- The Radar Pulse is the only ability that wasn't impaired in any way after Cole's battle with The Beast. Instead, it seems to have improved, and Cole is able to upgrade it.
- This improvement may be because of the Blast Cores.