- For the enemy this power is based on, see Spikers.
When utilizing the Spikers, Cole prepares three liquid napalm spikes which function like eggs and develops one Spiker in each mound. When they burst from their "pods," these minions come towards Cole and protect him like that of an insect swarm, but in smaller groups. Cole can activate this power a maximum of four times, to summon a total of twelve Spikers, which will follow him around. If he uses this more than four times, only the liquid spikes will be seen since no more organic material can be gathered to develop a fresh Spiker.
Cole can only unlock this power after completing the mission "Nix's New Family," or by completing both a good and an evil playthrough, which automatically unlocks all karma-locked powers in the "Aftermath."
- Killing your own Spikers will result in earning Evil Karma and a Bystander Bonus.
- They will automatically attack any enemies within range. They will not attack un-aggro'd potential enemies such as police who have not spotted Evil Cole yet, and will never attack civilians even if the civilians are attacking Infamous Cole.
- Unlike the final level three Good Karma power Frost Shield; Spikers will not be available until you complete the mission "Nix's New Family."
- The ability is sadly exactly as useless as it sounds.