When Joseph Bertrand's Militia placed New Marais in lockdown, Cole MacGrath, Zeke Dunbar and NSA Agent Lucy Kuo found themselves sneaking into the city via the swamp blockade. When they arrived in their ship, they spotted the blockade and had to stop before their ship gets sunk. Cole got off the boat and utilizing the Amp Zeke created for him, he navigated through the swamp blockade to clear out all of the Militia troops, along with the mortar equipment, to make it safe for Zeke and Kuo to dock the boat.
- The swamp blockade features the first karmic moment of inFamous 2. Cole must charge a generator to lower a bridge, however overcharging causes it to blow, killing the Militia troops guarding the area, along with all the civilians living there.
- The swamp blockade contains one of Dr. Wolfe's carrier pigeons.
- This carrier pigeon is one the hardest to find in New Marais, but allows the player to earn the "Behind The Curtain" and the "Well inFORMED" trophies.
- Returning to the area earns you the "Back To The Bayou" trophy.
- Using Lightning Tether is the easiest way to return to the swamp blockade. However, if Cole has upgraded Static Thrusters, he can make his way to the first pole by jumping off the roof of the Rosa Lee (the boat that took him to New Marais).
- You can also create a bridge in a UGC mission.